Crocheting with mohair yarn…
– mohair yarn is so beautiful, but it is so diffiicult to crochet with it
– it is almost impossible to unravel it, or to undo a part when you have made a mistake
– the yarn is so light and fragile, I am afraid my project will be ruined very quickly due to the breaking of the yarn
– which hook size am I supposed to use to get the best result?
These are some of the comments I hear very often when I tell people how much I love mohair yarn.
Indeed, crocheting with mohair is not the most easy thing there is, it might even be a bit tricky sometimes, but with a few tips and tricks you will soon be able to make that wonderful piece of crochet yourself. You will be able to enjoy the ‚high on trend’ passion for mohair, since you will definitely already have noticed all those gorgeous mohair designs in the fashion magazines.
In this 1 hour workshop we will work with the beautiful Lang Yarns Mohair Luxe and:
– crochet a motif (or several, for those who crochet fast)
– I will give you lots of tips and info on how to enjoy working with mohair yarns
– I will show you that a mistake can be ‚unraveled’, if done with a bit of patience and some tricks
– we will look into the possibilities of the yarn : which crochet stitches are beautiful, which hook sizes work very well, the special effects when using different strands of mohair together, …
Annelies will bring multiple samples with her: a shawl made with motifs, a cardigan, and a shawl made with mohair and merino yarn (2 different yarns worked together)
Note: this workshop is not suitable for absolute beginners. You need knowledge of the basic crochet stitches: chain, slipstitch, single crochet, double crochet…
Read all about Annelies Baes here.
Date: Friday 19 October 2018 from 11:30 to 12:30 and Saturday 20 October 2018 from 15:30 to 16:30
Location: Workshopplein 2
What to bring: Bring along a pair of crochet hooks varying between size 3.5 mm and 6 mm (there are also a number of crochet hooks on loan), a thin and thick (blunt) mesh needle, possibly pen and paper
Max. number of participants: 10
Price: Early bird pre-sale € 15,00, you can buy a ticket through the ticketshop (click on ‘Buy your ticket’ below) until Thursday 18 October 2018, 20pm (or until it is sold out), don’t forget to buy a entranceticket for the show, also! The price during the show is € 17,50.
What’s included: The yarn to work with from Lang Yarns, pattern of the motif, hand-out. This workshop is sponsored by Lang Yarns.